Fish are dying every 2-3 days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I Second Autumn. There isn't enough in the water column to do anything for the tank if any at all. Nitrifying bacteria actually doesn't like light on top of this. You would actually be doing more harm by cleaning the inside glass of your tank than you would doing a 90% water change.

Update

We haven't lost a fish in over a week and a half.

All the fish seem happy and back to normal.

I'm going to continue with my normal routine with the adjustments suggested here and see how we get on.

Thank you all for your help and advice.

Update 2

Shortly after posting my last comment, we lost 2 mote guppies and a Tetra . We can't really explain why.

In the end we think we put all of the issues down to having a bully fish in the tank. We havn't identified which one yet but we do beleive that the illness of the fish & the fish deaths were slightly unrelated or a bully fish decided to prey on the week.

Things have calmed down now and we haven't lost a fish in a few weeks now. We have completed several water changes and also moved the tank to another location to make way for a new one.

Several of our shrimp have been pregnant at some point but i think the fry have mostly been eaten which isn't a bad thing seeing as we have 9 already.

Back
Top Bottom