Fish Fighting in the Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Monkeyboy0

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have ha my black moor goldfish for a few months now, and just a few days ago I added a bristlenose pleco, as the algae was building up and starting to annoy me, no matter how many water changes I made. The bristlenose is fast and moves around the sides of the tank extremely quickly, or at least faster then what I thought a pleco would be like. Anyway, the two seemed to get along, other than the water becoming filthy from all the waste the pleco was making, but when I got home, my moor's top fin was torn in multiple places and her tail had fraying on it too. I have been keeping a close eye on them all day and nothing out of the ordinary has happened. I am scared that the pleco, if aggressive, could kill my moor, which is my prized fish, and i love her dearly. The pleco a little bigger than my moor so it frightens me to keep them together, but the only other option is to put my moor into a bowl temporarily. I am working on getting products to heal the fin, but dont want the problem to persist. Any idea what I should do from here? Could the pleco really be aggressive, or did my moor do that to herself against a rock? Thank you

Rehome the Pleco. They aren't suitable with Fancies. Not the first time I've heard of a GF getting injured.

Algae ? Reduce lighting to 6hours daily.
Do 50% or larger PWCs weekly.
Test the water. Test again after 24 hours.
Don't overfeed.

BN Plecos need 30g or larger because they are such big poopers. They are tropical and not suited to a GF tank as you now see.

Back
Top Bottom