Fungus Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rce4px

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have a 10g aquarium around 9/10 months old. I've been keeping some ghost shrimp, nerite snails and a crown tail betta in it until last night--he died of fungus. He had been seemingly healthy until last night. He was eating and swimming normally and looked fine the night before. However, last night, I came home from work and his scales on his right side looked terrible and had fungus all over them. This was around midnight, so I figured first thing this morning I would go get some sort of fungal combatant. By then, it was too late. I was forced to give him an in-home burial at sea.

Tank Parameters:
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 5

My question: Being that the betta was the only fish in there, do I need to treat the aquarium for fungus in order to put another fish in it? I know anti-fungals will kill my inverts, hence the reason I am asking. If it is okay to put another fish in without treating the whole aquarium, then I would like to avoid having to treat it since I don't know what I would do with my inverts.

Back
Top Bottom