Guppy Help Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vi_ha1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My male guppy haven't been eating n not active for a couple days then I found this in his body just now , I don't know what is it. If any one can tell me please how can I cure it?

image-3093508104.jpg

image-2932400039.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn't for sure, but it kind of looks like dropsy to me. The scales look like they're starting to "pinecone" a bit, and the fish looks slightly bloated. Your best bet would be to treat with anti-bacterial meds and/or salt baths.

I see some reddish areas on the fish. Have you tested your parameters lately? If so what are the numbers? It doesn't seem from the pictures that the scales are sticking out from the body however it is hard to tell. Are the scales sticking out from the body? Or is it just the reddish areas?

It's just red areas look like bleeding spot. I did a 50%water change earlier when I do the water test it saids GH 180 KH 120-180 PH 7.0 NO2 0.5 NO3 20 that's after my water change Wat do I need to do to lower GH n KH

It's just red areas look like bleeding spot. I did a 50%water change earlier when I do the water test it saids GH 180 KH 120-180 PH 7.0 NO2 0.5 NO3 20 that's after my water change Wat do I need to do to lower GH n KH

Don't worry about GH and KH... It's the nitrites. 0.5 can kill...

How do I lower the nitrate I aleady did a water change didn't help much

My tank been set up for about a month now at first I bought only 2 guppies then I added 4 more after 2 weeks

Back
Top Bottom