Guppies gender

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piškot

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can you please help me with these four guppies genders? I think they're all males, not sure though.

Attachments

• IMG_20240331_114122.jpg
    IMG_20240331_114122.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20240331_115908.jpg
    IMG_20240331_115908.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 1
All males. (y) Sexually mature males will not have an anal fin as a female will. The male's fin rolls up to become the gonopodium.
Thank you. I have problem with one of them being bullied, thats why I thought it might have been a female. He probably is just more submissive tho. Dont know what to do with him now.

Thank you. I have problem with one of them being bullied, thats why I thought it might have been a female. He probably is just more submissive tho. Dont know what to do with him now.
I'd just make sure there is plenty of plants or hiding places in the tank. One of the tricks with Guppies is to have a tank full of males only. By doing this, each male will color up better because they are trying to " outshine" the other males so they look better to a passing female whenever she comes. There will be some " bullying" when doing this but if there are places for the 'bullied" to get away and out of sight, it doesn't usually last. (y)

I'd just make sure there is plenty of plants or hiding places in the tank. One of the tricks with Guppies is to have a tank full of males only. By doing this, each male will color up better because they are trying to " outshine" the other males so they look better to a passing female whenever she comes. There will be some " bullying" when doing this but if there are places for the 'bullied" to get away and out of sight, it doesn't usually last. (y)
Thank you, really. You helped a lot

Back
Top Bottom