Guppy tail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

khoifish89

Aquarium Advice Freak
so one of my guppy fry out of the million fries i have in my fry tank is finally big enough to go into my adult guppies tank. after a day or so after moving it, i notice that fry's tail and fin, dorsal, began to clamp together. a day later, the tail begin to rip. my question is what is the cause of the rotting and clamping? is because the fry is not use to the water parameter or something else. all my other adult guppies do not exhibited tail rotting. help me...

I would guess stress. Check the parameters in both tanks to see how close they are. If they're far apart, that would be one cause of stress. Another thing I would guess is it just got taken from its brothers and sisters to be put back with its mommy that probably tried to eat it. If my mommy tried to eat me when I was little and when I got bigger some giant put me back with her, I'd be freaking out too. Maybe they don't remember that moment, but it sounds scary enough. Lol.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom