Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gatorjon

Aquarium Advice Activist
I know this is in the wrong section but wasn't sure where to place this question.

I have 5 threadfin rainbows, 2 new river rainbows, 1 yellow rainbow and 1 western rainbow and 1 turquoise rainbow. The turquoise is double the size of all the others. They all hang together in the top left of my tank, they all eat but just don't swim around. Why would this happen and what could I do to make them swim? I have a 75 heavily live planted tank. Thanks

Do you have any current? The ones I had love swimming into the current produced by a powerhead.

I have 2 hob filters that keep things moving well. 1- 55 aqueon and 1- emperor 400.

I agree with fishontherock. Your H.O.B. filters are dropping the water from above. Your fish like to swim against the current, so they are hanging out at the top of your tank. Circulation pumps can be pricey (low end Aqueon propeller pumps are around $80 Vortech propeller pumps go all the way up to $800). Marineland Max-Jet power heads come with an attachment that turns a cheap power head into a propeller pump.
That Pet Place Pet Supplies Search | ThatPetPlace.com

I'm glad that I could help. If you live near Lancaster PA that witesite is based there and it is the biggest pet store in the world. It is the size of a super walmart and then some. The fish livestock room is the size of most pet stores. They are dirt cheap you save even more if you are a member they have awesome coupons and one weekend a month they have 30% off their already cheap fish live plants and coral. That sale starts tomorrow (well today im just up late making my list). If you're an aquaroholic it's worth a roadtrip. I've seen cars from several states away.

I live in Memphis,Tn and that would be one long road trip. I just recently went to Hot Springs, Ar and my family thought I was crazy because they had a nice fish store that I couldn't pas up before we made the trip home.

Back
Top Bottom