Help! Betta fish sick!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry man. For your next guy get a QT tank and put your new fish in with some medicine. Copper and Rid Ich if you are thinking your LFS is selling diseased fish. The way a lot of places keep bettas I'm surprised more aren't sick.

I didn't think he looked too bad either but his scales had started pineconing more :/ they looked closed up this morning, that could just be because he's dead >.< such a nice fish. Lesson learned! Getting a QT for all my new fish

Sorry Jacob. To kill that fast, most likely a bacterial illness. Might think about treating your tank with Melafix before adding a new Betta. The owner of one of my LFS uses it as a preventative, when he acclimates new fish. I'm not a big fan of Melafix as a med, it's more of a disinfectant. Looking forward to seeing your new Betta.

I will be fully cleaning my tank and equipment, I'll clean my second betta tank aswell just in case anything crossed over in the plants. Thanks to everyone for your help, look forward to crying HELP! In the future ;) hopefully not!

Thank you, I keep shrimp as well so anything with copper in I'm avoiding.

Yeah he's done for :(, he did have a damaged gill if that could have caused anything I think the tendon was broken while flaring. Thank you all for your help and support!

This was surely velvet? His scales are pineconing as well, did he have dropsy and velvet? :/ I couldn't see anything on him the night before which is he weirdness thing

Attachments

• IMG_0766.jpg
    IMG_0766.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0765.jpg
    IMG_0765.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 40
Back
Top Bottom