Help camellanus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will try to watch and when they poop it out I will scoop it up an take a picture. I only have my phone though and I can't get a good picture of the fish they won't hold still. Lol. I will also look for pics on google images to see if any look like it.

Paul,

The picture is the worm for sure. Is that what your talking about? Or are you talking about what I'm trying to describe?

Im sure he means the picture!! Because it is what they had and he cant be posotive on something your only describing! :) right paul?? ;)

The pictures of your molly with the little red threads sticking out is defo camellanus worms as that's what mine looked liked and I searched the Internet for info on these for 3 days. And sera nematol has worked a treat so far

Yeah sorry just noticed the pic was an example but yeah that's defo them they stick out about 5mm and are blood red through sucking blood from the fishes intestines

Good luck with your treatement phatpaul, on my most recent infestation I used interceptor and it worked great for me. Its been about a month since initial dose and not one worm seen since :)

I don't its them. Thank god!!! What a releif. I think there poops just red. Maybe from the flakes? They have all color flakes some are red.
Wow I'm so glad. Well red poop idk. What do you guys think? It squishes and its red, not all there poop is red though. My platies and my guppies both have it and i got them from different places. Not all them have the red poop though. The poop from my platy (that was red) looked axactly like the brown poop from my other platy and my guppy(guppy poop was a little smaller though).

I hope its not camallanus. What do you guys think? There's NO swelling on any of the fish. The red things look like red poop and there only one at a time then they "fall off"(pooped out). But they never had red poop, non that I notice. I got flakes about 5 days ago I guess it could be the new flakes. I will try to get pics but none have it right now I can't see it on any of them. The ones I did see it on first I didn't watch for that long (not long enough to see them poop it out all the way) and now they don't have it. None of them do. Do you think its just poop??

That's great. Wow I'm sorry for waisting your guyses time on nothing. I'm so glad you helped me though or I would still be freaking out. I hope you get rid of your camallanus Paul. And you to if you have it Tasha. Thank you guys sooo much.

Lol yeah sounds like pop. Panic over. And thanks my little fishes seem to be ok and I haven't lost any more of the for a week now and no signs of worms. Yippeeee

I am concerned that I found a worm like the one shown but my fish have no signs, have had two batches of babies and look great. Do people pre-treat their fish?

Yeah I think you can pre treat them to make sure they don't get or have it. Yeah I kinda feel stupid for freaking out about poop like oh no my fish pooped!!! Hahaha

I am concerned that I found a worm like the one shown but my fish have no signs, have had two batches of babies and look great. Do people pre-treat their fish?

you saw the worms hanging from the fish? It will eventually kill them. and spreads to all the other fish as well. I dont "pre treat" for them becuase like I said there not an easy worm to treat, the treatment I just used to "treat" them, and so far it looks like its worked is a heart wormer for dogs!!

you saw the worms hanging from the fish? It will eventually kill them. and spreads to all the other fish as well. I dont "pre treat" for them becuase like I said there not an easy worm to treat, the treatment I just used to "treat" them, and so far it looks like its worked is a heart wormer for dogs!!

I have not seen worms...I found one in my cycling tank after I moved the filter in to help cycling. It was a small worm laying on the sand. I look in the filter and no worms either.

Back
Top Bottom