Help! Sick fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peacockkeeper

Aquarium Advice Freak
I came home from work today and my ob peacock is fighting at the top of the tank to stay submerged. From what I have read I think it might be a bladder disease. Unfortunately I don't have a spare filter at this time to quarantine him in a bucket or my old ten gallon what should I do.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391133892.153865.jpg it's not a spare tank but it works I have also done one without the holes just do water changes every chance your get. But basically get a plastic top o wear and it floats in the tank both fish i used this on made full recoveries mine where only
Injured not sick but I give this a try if I were you

Moved to the unhealthy fish forum, rather than the cichlid forum. You will likely get more help here than in the cichlid forum.

Well I got him isolated but I'm worried the container is too small for him. It's too late to go to the store so I rigged an old Hi-c container but just worried it's too small. He seems to not be floating any more and I'm just wondering if he was injured he has been battling for dominance in the tank. Hopefully he will make it through the night. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391139824.036166.jpg

Update I think my ob's problems were aggression related he stopped floating at the top of the tank after I quarantined him. He seems to be better now and I just got all of my fish moved to my new 75g. He is now in the 29g that he is only sharing with a pleco and he seems fine.

Nice well I didn't keep my injured orange back in the small container longer than he need so as he recoveredi released him so I am happy it worked for you as well

It's looking like I might have to rehome him I tried putting him back in the main tank and almost immediately he was attacked by the dominant male and he went back to cowering at the top of the tank. And because I'm not trying to breed him and gonna use the tank he is in for my females I think he might have to go.

It's a problem I am running in to myself except my ob is the jerk chasing around the little peacocks. I am going to rehome the aggressive ob instead of the less dominate and hope for a better alpha male sometimes fish will just ah after another fish simply because they want said fish dead it's hard so I never keep fish like that

It's funny about a month and a half ago he took over dominance in the tank for about a week or two and he was definitely a jerk. I though I was going to have to get rid of him then. He was causing a ruckus and chasing everyone non stop. He didn't last long my other large male took back dominance and has held it since he is bigger than the ob, and much calmer when in charge. I think the ob must have challenged him and got the crap beat out of him as he now cowers in the corner.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391319743.755446.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391319743.755446.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 42
Back
Top Bottom