Help!!! Tiny white bugs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guppygourami

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just noticed there are tiny white worm-like creatures all over my glass. I have a 23 gallon long with two neon tetras, two angelfish and their fry. I had noticed a couple of these before but didn't think much of it. I do water changes/siphoning once a week, around 30%. Please help me identify what these things are, I worry for my fry.

<g.m.t.a>

Planaria maybe? I sometimes see them on my glass in my shrimp tank, haven't seen as many lately. I think they're due to overfeeding.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon borara merah and brigittae, shrimp and snails

Planaria maybe? I sometimes see them on my glass in my shrimp tank, haven't seen as many lately. I think they're due to overfeeding.

I think so :/ Are they harmful? Do you have to treat it?

<g.m.t.a>

Extra pwc with good gravel vac, also cut back on the feeding. I have planaria in my shrimp tank because I can overfeed it's easily done.

Make sure they aren't detritus worms before using planaria meds. Detritus worms are (as I understand it) usually harmless unless their population explodes like they did in my tank a few weeks ago. They look like little white hairs, while planaria are more slug shaped. If they are detritus, i got rid of mine by doing 50% weekly water changes.

More than 90% are gone after doing one water change and slicing the heck out of them with my tank cleaner. Forgot to update before, sorry.

<g.m.t.a>

Back
Top Bottom