Help treating my community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_skyla_

Aquarium Advice Addict
IVe noticed my platy had a white spot on her tail and I thought it was just her colouring. Anyway I've noticed a few more all on the tail and the first one seems bigger I'm not sure if I just didn't notice them before and it's just her markings. Anyway I've been doing soon research on ich which is what it would be If its anything I'm assuming and I've looked up how to treat it but I don't have a hospital tank set up or a spare tank. It would be perfectly fine if I could treat the whole tank but I'm concerned about my shrimp and bn plecos. The crystal red shrimp and cherrys definitely won't tolerate it if I turn the heat up and the aquarium salt method.
She's the only fish with signs that I can see ever if its not ich id rather be safe than sorry. What are some options I could treat this tank as easily as possible without harming anyone? I'm guessing I'm just gonna have to take my shrimp out if there's no way I can safely treat the tank with them in it. I just have no idea what I'm goin to put hem in for as long as it takes to treat it. I guess ill have to buy the fluval ebi shrimp tank and move them to that. But that won't help really as it won't be cycled hmmm

If you are going to set up another tank, Petco is having a sale on tanks 1 per gallon and Petsmart is having sale on filter penguins. Take your filter media in mature tank split in half, one half stays in the main tank half to the new tank. I use water from the main tank and decorations to transfer BB. Then take water parameters, I bet they are close to cycled.

If you are going to set up another tank, Petco is having a sale on tanks 1 per gallon and Petsmart is having sale on filter penguins. Take your filter media in mature tank split in half, one half stays in the main tank half to the new tank. I use water from the main tank and decorations to transfer BB. Then take water parameters, I bet they are close to cycled.

thanks and that would be great but i live in australia no petco here

Back
Top Bottom