Help with Betta!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheSmallFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone I was wondering if I should just let my betta die or put him down myself I just can't stand animals suffering. Thanks in advance![emoji225]

Looks maybe like Ich. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. If it is ich it may need some medication like Kordon's Rid Ich. Water changes are also important while treating Ich. Are there any white spots on the fish? Have you tested the water for ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, pH, and temp? Any tank parameters will also help

I have tried medication but nothing worked. I have 0 ammonia 0 nitrites and 0 nitrates. 7 pH and 26 degrees celsius.

Anyone else out there got any suggestions? Could be a parasite. @toolman have you got any thoughts?

Have you tried upping the temp to 29 Celsius? What meds have you dosed? Are you fimiliar with the nitrogen cycle? Is your tank cycled? There should be some nitrates if the tank is cycled. Can you get a close up of the fish?

Hard to tell in the picture, and I'm not an expert on diseases. If thinking its ich, many use the Kordon you mentioned. Coursair swears by it and won't use heat or salt, so I'd try that. Around here petco and lfs have it. Plenty of clean water.

Maybe someone else can chime in on a possible solution. Hopefully the OP can relay what meds they have used and how long they used them.

I am using API super ich cure. The tank is cycled. I will try to get a close up if I can.

Looks like Ich to me but I know there are some members that are a lot better at diagnosing diseases than myself. I hope it will pull through also. Just make sure to do the water changes as the directions on the bottle say. If there API doesn't seem to knock it out give the Kordon brand a try. Keep us updated on how on everything goes

Not a problem at all. If I'm not mistaken Ich goes through it's lifespan quicker in warmer temps. I wouldn't turn the temp real quick if you do ease the temp up. I wouldn't go over 85 in the tank with the Betta someone else might know more about the temp for the Betta. If you do go up in temp make sure to add an air stone cause the warmer the water is the less oxygen it holds

I know how it feels man, (RIP, Milo), but it depends on how many days he has been like this.

Only thing I can say is to treat him with API supplements that are appropriate with fin rot and itch. I used the treatmentdtreatments on Milo but it was too late. He stayed at the bottom of the tank, ate poorly, and he was very inactive. Then one morning, I had my last moments with him.

Well my betta Helios sleeps alot but does swim around when he is not sleeping.

Daily water changes are a very good medicine.

Am I missing the tank size?

I've been fortunate enough to avoid ich, so I can't help you there. What are the symptoms you see?

Daily water changes with conditioned water in the meantime.

It's is a ten gallon tank all by himself and it seems that he is getting better.

Back
Top Bottom