Help with community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ljk09

Aquarium Advice Freak
My tank has been up and running for about 6-7 months. I did an fish-less cycle and everything went fine. I slowly added stock and haven't put anything new in there except a couple apple snails about a month ago. When I started my stock was:
4 Dalmatian Molly's
4 balloon Molly's
4 sunburst platys
1 rubber lip pleco
5 kuhli loaches

About 2 weeks ago I came home and found one if my balloon mollies stuck to the filter. He has been having terrible swim bladder problems. Not swimming up right, couldn't swim to eat. I tried the salt method, I qted him. Fed peas and medicated food when it wasn't getting any better. But he died. Then a few days later, my snail dies. They are pretty large snails so I'm not sure how old they are.

My platys and mollies have started flashing. I noticed the fry flashing too. I was going to take the ones flashing out to QT them but once I noticed the fry flashing I just medicated the whole tank Tetra Parasite guard a out 3 days ago. Yesterday I came home to see one of my Dalmatian mollies dead. And she wasn't even one of the ones flashing. There are no signs of ich or velvet. I'm really lost here of what it could be. Everyone's eating fine. My tank is cycled with parameters of
Ammonia:0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:5 ppm (live plants)
My temp is 80-82
It's a 55g tank.

What could possibly making my tank flash and what's with all these slow deaths? I'm lost on what it could be.

Well all the parameters are good, are the fish stressed about something else? Like are there enough hiding places for the fish? Is there aggressive behavior( none of those species sound aggressive but you never know), maybe the oxygen level in the tank is to low?

Back
Top Bottom