Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-24-2018, 12:31 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I can't tell if my black moor looks right or not

Hes in a 40 gallon tank with another fancy goldfish and he was fine when I first got him now he looks bloated. Kicker, he eats normally we kicked him down to just greens and peas to make sure hes not constipated for two days or have a blockage his fins are all normal and in the right position hes swimming around playing with the other fish or schooling if you will. But this is the best picture I have of him he will not stay still long enough for me to get a shot of him.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180424-123050_Gallery.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	308604  

Old 04-24-2018, 01:47 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauradesu View Post
Hes in a 40 gallon tank with another fancy goldfish and he was fine when I first got him now he looks bloated. Kicker, he eats normally we kicked him down to just greens and peas to make sure hes not constipated for two days or have a blockage his fins are all normal and in the right position hes swimming around playing with the other fish or schooling if you will. But this is the best picture I have of him he will not stay still long enough for me to get a shot of him.
Goldfish have a reputation of being pigs which is one of the reasons they are high ammonia producers. But you should also consider the time of the year. It could be a gravid female with ripening eggs. If it eating and swimming normal, it may be perfectly ok. A parasite or infection is not impossible, but if the fish is eating and acting normal, then my only suggestion is to continue to enjoy your fat fish.

Tags
black moor, black, moor

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com