I messed up pretty badly :( Please respond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boxi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was trying to rush my water change this morning, and i didn't pay much attention to the syphon hose in my 10 gallon betta tank... My betta was then sucked out through the hose and pushed into the bucket. I can clearly see that some scales have been ripped off the top part of his body, and i definitely have torn his fins. I don't know what to do, I don't know if he's going be okay, If anyone has any suggestions or anything, I really could use them right now, i'm absolutely devastated.

I was trying to rush my water change this morning, and i didn't pay much attention to the syphon hose in my 10 gallon betta tank... My betta was then sucked out through the hose and pushed into the bucket. I can clearly see that some scales have been ripped off the top part of his body, and i definitely have torn his fins. I don't know what to do, I don't know if he's going be okay, If anyone has any suggestions or anything, I really could use them right now, i'm absolutely devastated.

Don't be to hard on yourself I did the same thing last week to my half-moon. He had some ripped and missing fins. I put him back in the tank and just kept a close eye on him. I left the lights off for a day so he wouldn't be too stressed. I feed him like I always did and he is doing real good now. I hope this helps and he recovers.

I agree with Mab, just try to give him a low stress environment so he can chill out for a while, and keep a close eye on his behavior and the wounds themselves.

If you see any changes in the wounds or if they don't appear to be healing properly update and let us know!

I put him back into his tank, he is swimming around a bit, but not much, I have an aquaclear mini on his tank, do you think I should turn it back on, or should I leave his water completely still for a bit?

Yes, he is alone in the 10 gallon, it does have some plants though.

I would leave the filter on. Is it adjustable to where you can put it on a lower setting?

yes, it is adjustable, I will make sure it is on the lowest setting.

He doesnt need meds, just healthy water & he should heal on his own. Do a couple of extra water changes (carefully!) to keep the water pristine over the next 2wks & he should be back to normal in no time. The scales will heal quickly but the fins take a bit longer. If you notice anything unusual (particularly white fuzziness or inflammation), let us know! :)

Try and make sure he eats

And hopefully he will repair

These things happen it was on NOT on purpose and Im sure it wont happen again

Get better soon Betta! :)

He should heal quickly if you keep your water perfect.I did this to some guppies and fry a while ago and they healed in about a month or two. Heal quickly little guy!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom