I NEED HELP, ICK AND TETRAS!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

megnmick

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My tetras have ick. They got it because we had a hurricane, the recent Isabel, hit us, power was out for a week and go figure with no pump and filter, they got ick. Because chemical levels in tank were outragous, I put them in a half way clean two gallon tank which used to be occupied by a African Dwarf frog who as placed in a clean one gallon, and started treating it. (Should I still treat the frog, even though he appears normal?) From there I cleaned the 10 gallon completely and just today put the tetras back in the 10 gallon, everything appears normal as of now. One of my black tetras had a small film on the top of it and the others I think pecked it all off because later there was blood. As of now (almost another week later since shortage) they are all doing better, even the worst one. The treatment calls for twice the amount than usual fish, should I worry because I've heard Tetras are sensitive to the treatment in ick chemicals? My tank is 10 gallons with two black tetras (had three, lost one in power outage) and six serpae tetras (which all did fine). I hope someone understands my crisis and can help!!! :( :?: :?: :?: :?:

Back
Top Bottom