Ick on only one fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman24

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Noticed one of my neon tetras looked like it had ick. But I have almost 40 fish in the tank! Is it possible only one of them has it? I removed the neon and dosed with quick cure and raised temp. I don't want to lose any fish! It's a 75 gallon tank. The neon also looked like it had something wrong with its eyes

Now I noticed 2 boil looking things on one of the neons. Are my neons sick??? I dosed with some melafix

I am only noticing a couple white spots on a couple neons. All my other fish seem fine. Should I still keep the temp at 86 and treat as if it were ick?? I can't really tell

That's a tough one.. I'm still new myself but I'd say QT all the fish that show signs and keep treating them with meds. As for the main tank, maybe add some aquarium salt to prevent sickness. There is also a good product, BodyGuardRx by Acurel which is a vitamin supplement that gives fish that lil extra something. Keep a close eye on them! Hope they get better soon. Sorry wasn't too much help...

Back
Top Bottom