I'm the Grim Reaper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Psybuster

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently purchased some angel fish, and they were all doing well, at least I think they were. When I woke up today I found one dead, I'm not sure why it died? Maybe I got a bad one?

My Ammonia is at 0, Nitrate 0, Nitrite 0
Temp is at 80*F
PH @ 6.8

How long has your tank been set up? If your tank is cycled you should have some nitrates. What kind of tests do you use? You could have just gotten a bad angelfish. Does your lfs have a guarantee policy? Keep an eye on the others and see how they are behaving. Sorry to hear about your loss.

i used the aquarium pharmacuticals, inc. ammonia, nitrate and nitrate test kits. the tank has been up for about 2 months. I had koi in there previously. There's no policy on the fish. The others seem to be doing ok

Probably just a bad fish, I've had them. Keep an eye on the others and see how it goes. It's sad but sometimes we can't do anything.

Sorry about your loss :( .Also from what I've researched angels should not be added into a tank less than 6 months old 8O Maybe this could have caused the death.
Good Luck :D

Back
Top Bottom