Infected

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1cateymay

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey I have a 70g planted tank that was healthy and thriving with 3 rainbows, 2 tetras, shrimp ant 2 otos. I bought 5 angels last week without properly inspecting them and realized almost immedietely after releasing them that they were sick. When I called the pet store back they refused to return them. I didn't have the heart to flush them and now four of them are dead and one of my rainbows is starting to act weird and has a white "pimple" on the top of his head. I treated with kardon Ich attack to no avail. I am new to fish diseases so please can anyone help me before I lose all of my fish. I am desperate because it seemed to kill the angels very fast!

Rapid improvement...

Ok. I raised the temp yesterday and added salt and the sick fish improved remarkably by this morning with normal frisky behaviour. The big white lump was gone, so I apologize there is no photo. After close inspection I noticed a few smaller white spots on the fins, so now I am leaning back toward ich and the angels that died probably had some sort of secondary infection due to the clear feces, cloudy gray appearance, and snotty nose that I observed before their rapid demise. I do have plants and loads of shrimp and snails. Do you think the pictus cat's and otocinclus are going to make it with the heat at 86 for 10 days? I redirected the filter outlet so the water is splashing in a bit and there is some little air bubbles in there. I wonder if I should get another air pump too. Thank you so much for your attention and response mumma of two and boadams 87!

1cateymay said:
Ok. I raised the temp yesterday and added salt and the sick fish improved remarkably by this morning with normal frisky behaviour. The big white lump was gone, so I apologize there is no photo. After close inspection I noticed a few smaller white spots on the fins, so now I am leaning back toward ich and the angels that died probably had some sort of secondary infection due to the clear feces, cloudy gray appearance, and snotty nose that I observed before their rapid demise. I do have plants and loads of shrimp and snails. Do you think the pictus cat's and otocinclus are going to make it with the heat at 86 for 10 days? I redirected the filter outlet so the water is splashing in a bit and there is some little air bubbles in there. I wonder if I should get another air pump too. Thank you so much for your attention and response mumma of two and boadams 87!

The fish will be fine with the increase on temperature, adding an extra air stone is a good idea also.

Back
Top Bottom