Injured angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justfishin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello all!
I need some help. One of my beautiful angels got stuck in my ship decor (I've had it for years and he's never cared about it). I was able to help back him out of it but it scraped up his belly and in front of his dorsal fin. His other fins are unaffected and he seems to swim ok. He's stressed out from fighting and is hiding in a corner now. Any suggestions on helping him to heal up? I have a live planted tank with a variety of fish including catfish. I put a teeny (I mean not even a tsp) of salt in the water but I'm afraid it'll hurt my catfish of I do more and such a little amount is like pissing in the ocean. Any help is great!
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

For now, you can just let him sulk for the day and see if he comes back out and returns to "normal." He may have some discoloration or even permanent scarring but there really isn't much you can do for that. If you see any area turning red or fuzzy then you would be best to isolate in a hospital tank and treat for the problem specifically.
Just an FYI: I have a few small Angels that had fallen victim to getting their faces sucked into the siphon tube during water changes. I had to pull them out of the hoses and just left them alone and they recovered. Now, as adults, you can still see the rings of the end of the siphon tube in their coloration but they are doing fine. (y)

Back
Top Bottom