Is this ich?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
So i went to my LFS and bought a kribensis female. I noticed some of the fish in the same tank had ich but none of the kribs did... Should i be woried i am acclimating the krib now

image-1715537395.jpg

And excuse the bubbles on the bag i will get a better pic later once ive acclimated her.

Yes you should be concerned as the fish have been exposed to the parasite, it csn be in the fishes gills without any visual symptoms.

So what should i do? Treat her?

Either separate the fish and treat with increased temperature + salt method or you could use the actual medicine designed to treat it. Or do the aforementioned steps with the other fish in the tank.

My temperature is at 80 and should i put salt in the tank? Shes in a 20 gallon long with 2 german blues and 4 zebra danios.

Can't tell from the photos. ich looks like grains of salt

I just put 4 table spoons of aquarium salt in my tank will that kill any ich that is inside? I also raised my temp to 82

image-2277622236.jpg

I read the article and my fish has none of those symptoms. I am leaveing for vacation tomorrow and will be gone for 5 days, could the ich appear then?

Yes they can, as I said before it can be in the gills so without a microscope you won't see it. No offense but it probably wasn't a good idea to add a new fish without quarantine to a tank before you go on vacation.

Back
Top Bottom