Is this normal? Whats happening with my female platy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissSmish

Aquarium Advice Activist
As title says...

She has this weird lump looking thing..??

Attachments

• image-3578827094.jpg
    image-3578827094.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 109
  • image-3535759436.jpg
    image-3535759436.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 104
  • image-3069688308.jpg
    image-3069688308.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 109
yeah looks like she has been having a little to much fun.:cool: but if plattys are simmilar to mollys i dont think she will pop for a little while maby a few days but its kinda hard to tell.

In case that is a prolapse of the intestine or uterus, you should isolate her immediately.
If it gets nipped, it will bleed.
They can self-correct.
I have only experienced it once, and did not find out what to do fast enough. :(
Cutting back on food may help too.

That's good. Me too! How does that fin look - right by the bump? I cannot tell from the pics. My hubby bought a cichlid once whose fin there was bitten off in the store and it was a little white nub for a good while!

All her fins are there, seems like its coming out of her back end. It looks fuzzy this morning? I'm about to do a water change shortly for her.

I went Internet searching and found one person who posted curing prolapsed intestines multiple times by isolating the fish, cutting feeding, and leaving them in the dark to rest.
I am not an expert on these types of problems!
Are there any red strings there - trying to rule out a worm.

Camallanus worms look like this. If you google " worm treatment fish" or start a new thread about that here, it should help!

Attachments

• image-3978530174.jpg
    image-3978530174.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 262
Sorry I was so brief - I am swamped at the moment & wanted to get you an immediate answer.
I learned about those by following this forum, after my guppy was long gone.
I think advice will come quicker from people with this experience if you put that in the thread title!

Back
Top Bottom