Kissing Gourami - Swim Bladder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KissingG

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought a Kissing Gourami for my tank, and he has not eaten since he's arrived two days ago. He has either floated at the top, or stayed at the bottom of the tank. He's almost lethargic. When the filter pulls other fish down (due to the current) they usually fight it off, but he let's it push him all the way down. He almost likes to shove himself into the ornaments and barely move for long periods of time. (Here is him in an ornament - not moving, thankfully I used my net and carefully scooped him away). People have commented on him calling him "dead like" because he isn't moving? :( :fish1:

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

If this isn't swim bladder, can anyone inform me whats going on and how to help him? I would rather see him out of pain then suffering so any information would be greatly appreciated.

Well, when did you buy him. If this was a recent purchase, keep the lights off as he might be stressed. Did you quarantine him before putting him in you're tank?

Back
Top Bottom