Knife fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vvjosh06

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all. I have about a 6" knife fish and hes been darting to the water surface then back down to the bottom. Hes the only one that does this. Just trying to figure iut whats wrong. Wc x2 a week of 50% planted tank 2 airstones water parameters are good. Running canister filter with carbon purigen and nitrate remover with coarse and fine pads. Also uv light as well. Running current satellite+ leds

The size of tank, other tank mates? What breed of knife fish? I have cories and they do the same thing and everything is perfectly fine in te tank

Tank is a 60gal. It was sold to me as african brown knife fish. Other tank mates include corys angels tetras gouramis pleco and catfish.

Nothing bullies it. It hides in the amazon sword. I feed it NLS and blood worms.

Hmm, maybe nothing is wrong per say. I would look and study the natural behavior of it. See I have a serval cories that will swim and a maybe gulp a breath of fresh air. Strange but there all very healthy and live in well oxygenated water. This is a common trait with them I belive. So mabye the same thing is happening with your knife.

Back
Top Bottom