little angel is sick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phoenixphire55

Aquarium Advice Freak
my little angelfish is has his fins totally clamped and he has a light blueish / pale cloudiness over one of his eyes and part of his head / back. He's kinda sticking around the bottom but he is moving and eating. What should I do? :-/

Does the cloudiness seem fungusy or cottony? Is he breathing quickly? Eating at all? Have you seen him poo?

I think the cloudiness looks more fungusy. He has been eating but today when I fed him he didn't eat much. I haven't seen him poo in a few days. His fins are clenched so much that they look like spines :(

jus my oppinion
put him in qt and treat with maracyn by mardel
this product treats fin rot, pop eye, and body fungus

wait for a mod to say if im wrong or not though

what about treating him with a bath? Like 15 minutes in a bowl of water + medication.

You can start with a bath, but I would treat with either Maracyn or Maracyn II.

Rob 28, you offered some sound advice, you don't need a mod to tell you if you are right. :)

Thanks for the advice guys, but fishy died last night. :( oh well. I'm not sure if I should avoid angelfish now or what the problem was.

I had him for about three weeks. He was pretty little but he seemed healthy for a while. I probably should have quarantined him but I only have one heater. Maybe when I'm ready to get another angel I should buy a large one.

Sometimes they can be ill right from the lfs and you have no way of knowing. You could get a larger angel or try getting one from a local aquarium club member perhaps.

Aha, an aquarium club, good idea. There are probably several of them here since its a big city.

You can start with a bath, but I would treat with either Maracyn or Maracyn II.

Rob 28, you offered some sound advice, you don't need a mod to tell you if you are right. :)

im still a newb and learnin. im just a lil unsure.
and thank you

wow....i didnt read the whole thread till just now. sorry for the loss.

Back
Top Bottom