Lost a GB RAM .. :( Question about w/sample

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ruffers99

Aquarium Advice Activist
:( can believe it, I had a pair, they were looking really good. checked again the next day and the smaller male was lying dead in a cave.

So I have the receipt from the fish store and they have a 14 day exchange/store credit refund. I need to take the fish (which i have frozen in a sandwich bag) and a sample of my water.

I filled a small Tupperware cup thing with my tank water and put a lid on it so that I can take both to the lfs at the weekend. My question is will the params change in the sample water before I get it to the store at the w/e?
Straight after a collected the tank water i ran my API tests and it was 0,0,10-20
So it should be good.

Damm cant believe I lost it :(

Bad stock. . Test the nitrates in the lfs tank.. they should refund with no ammonia and nitrates showing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

sorry for your loss. I think you are going to have to chalk it up to bad stock. Alison

Thanks, I was thinking that too..

Bad stock. . Test the nitrates in the lfs tank.. they should refund with no ammonia and nitrates showing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah agreed, I was just wondering about keeping my water in a plastic container until the weekend and if that would change any of the params that I measured when I took it form the tank.. I would think not, but wasn't sure.

I know your pain... I have a perfect tank and everyone is green ally happy... but the only GBR stock here seems to have its issues... I have lost a breeding pair already :( I just got two new ones two days ago... I'm hoping for a better outcome.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It happens my first fish was two weather loaches. 1 lasted a day the other 3 days water params were good. When I went back and complained LFS said they were a bit underweight when we got them !!!! I got a free black moor in exchange and he is still with me a year later today and my fav

Sent from my Kestrel using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks, I was thinking that too..

Yeah agreed, I was just wondering about keeping my water in a plastic container until the weekend and if that would change any of the params that I measured when I took it form the tank.. I would think not, but wasn't sure.

I would think not as well. Do they ask on ph at all?

I would think not as well. Do they ask on ph at all?

No they didnt! , so an update. 1st thanks for all your comments. you do what you can to introduce them correctly, but you can never tell what kind of crap they have gone through to get to you.

So I took the water sample and the frozen corps to the lfs... wat joke.. ok so it may have well been water from my tap. She tested it with strips, didnt and just made a comment oh ok well your water is ok.
Didnt offer to replace with the same sex, I had to ask. younger kids in there.
I think its just the owner that knows what is what.

regardless she didnt know how long they had been in the shop or if there had been other returns.

So I got the only male the was left in the tank, there were 4 females and one make (the tank was full the last time I was in there a week ago).

I took my time acclimating him when i got home and gave them all some brine shrimp as a treat. he looks a little withdrawn, but it may be because he is just getting used to the tank and his new housemates. I do see him following the female a little so im hoping they will start sticking together more.

Was this fish store a large pet food type chain store? I guess we cant say the exact names of stores on here as it gets moderated. If it was, I suspect bad stock. These stores sell so , SO many sick fish because they just do not know how to care for them. Any time you buy from them, you risk bringing in disease and death.

Was this fish store a large pet food type chain store? I guess we cant say the exact names of stores on here as it gets moderated. If it was, I suspect bad stock. These stores sell so , SO many sick fish because they just do not know how to care for them. Any time you buy from them, you risk bringing in disease and death.

it was a lfs. I did buy 33% stock and this one ram and a male guppy are the only ones I have lost so far.

Good luck, hope all goes well :)

Yeah thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom