Lost another

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

monaro_gto

Aquarium Advice Activist
There a times where I think I should just pull the plug!
My levels are fine and the temp has only been up for 6 days to get rid of ICH but my tank cleared and I couldn't see any more signs of it so I thought I might be on the mend. Im not going to lower the temp for at least another week. Do you think these guys could be suffering from the heat or is it all ICH related?

I have lost 5 out of 6 Cardinal's, 1 creamcicle molly and one silver molly.
My Cory's and Platy's hide most of the time. Coming out only when I walk up to the tank.

At this point I think I can only stick it out and continue along the route I chose but im afraid I might not have anything left. Just a ranting.

Thanks for reading :(

there is a part of the ich life cycle that you cant see. it could still be ich related. since you don't see them anymore though, I would (like you stated) keep the heat up for another week at least. What do you have the heat up to? Have you been adding anything else for ich prior to this?

I have read all different methods and went with the least of the chemical routes,
I have the temp at 86 with plenty of surface agitation.
Added aquarium salt and have been putting in a daily dose of Seachem's Paragaurd.

I have read all different methods and went with the least of the chemical routes,
I have the temp at 86 with plenty of surface agitation.
Added aquarium salt and have been putting in a daily dose of Seachem's Paragaurd.

Are you also cleaning the substrate with your water changes? Keep the heat up for another couple of weeks IMO.

Well you're doing all you can do, so its just a case of waiting it out and hoping that the fish that have survived this far are strong enough to fight it off. Hang in there! :-(

It sounds like your doing all you can. So I agree with the above. If keep the heat up for atleast another week if not more. Some fish just aren't as strong as others but if you don't rid the ich, all of your fish will most likely pass on. I was lucky when i had ich and didnt lose any.. but I wish you the best of luck! Keep us updated!

I have a clean plastic salt shaker style container with holes drilled into the lid. I put 5 tblspn in it and about half has disolved over the 4 days of it being in there. I also add a little to the conditioned water that I add to that tank at time of water change.

Thanks for all the support and advice.

I have a clean plastic salt shaker style container with holes drilled into the lid. I put 5 tblspn in it and about half has disolved over the 4 days of it being in there. I also add a little to the conditioned water that I add to that tank at time of water change.

Thanks for all the support and advice.

It's best to dissolve it before adding it to the tank. It can burn scaleless fish such as loaches and cories that come into contact with it.

yeah thats why its in a container where it slowly dissolves into the tank over time.
79324-albums12592-picture58112.jpg

Do you know your numbers for ph, gh and kh? This is important with using a product such as Paraguard. My other concern is the combination of multiple different approaches is having a deadly effect on your fish. I honestly would pick method and stick with it (ie, heat only, salt only, med only). The multiple different stressors at play right are more than enough to sicken a fish.

and another is gone! this is getting very depressing! My Blue Platy looked like she was about to give birth today and as im about to go to bed I see her swim up to the surface and then quickly float to the bottom. she would play dead until someone nudged her then do it again. my gourami was picking at her so I moved her but she was pretty much gone already. Is this still ICH?

Back
Top Bottom