Male krib acting strange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishobsessed7

Aquarium Advice Addict
Yesterday I noticed my male krib acting strange, hiding behind the Java miss and sponge filter (tight space). When I got home from school today same thing. So I checked back on him right now and he was still hiding. He is normally out and protecting his fry with his female so this is very odd. So I moved the moss and filter, and he swam out. He was swimming odd and his colors were faded (he was in spawning colors before). He also had nipped tail fins. When he swam into the open, my male xenotoca eiseni came down from the top of the tank and chased him, which is usually the opposite of what happens. Them the female saw him and chased him a little, but not as tense as the goodeid.

Did the female or the goodeids beat him up? Should I move him to another tank? QT is full right now so it will have to be an existed tank if I do move him. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Ammo 0
Trites 0
Trates 20-40 but I am going to do a WC to bring that down

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

After the water change he came out and swam a little, and it looks like he got beat up. Not sure who, but female was playing nice as were they goodeids.

Fishobsessed7

He doesn't seem to be doing good today. He's alive, but barely. He is just sorta hovering upside down. I'm extremely worried about him! Anyone have any advice?

Fishobsessed7

Back
Top Bottom