Molly the Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keisha

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone!
I have 20g tank with 4 mollies in it. they act really weird recently. they're always in a bottom of the tank (sinking), however one died just just like this couple weeks ago..and now one seems like breathing too fast and being uncomfortable. I'm new with aquarium deals.. please help me. tell me what to do with them?:( i don't want them to die. it seems like the red ones are pregnant and black one has issues:)

Hi everyone!
I have 20g tank with 4 mollies in it. they act really weird recently. they're always in a bottom of the tank (sinking), however one died just just like this couple weeks ago..and now one seems like breathing too fast and being uncomfortable. I'm new with aquarium deals.. please help me. tell me what to do with them?:( i don't want them to die. it seems like the red ones are pregnant and black one has issues:)

Hi Keisha, did you cycle your tank before you added your fish. you
could have an ammonia problem, do a 25% water change and add declorinator to the water before putting it in your tank, if ammonia is
the problem a water change will help the fish quickly. let us know how things go. I'm sure a more experienced member will be able to help you
more.

Pete

Pete is correct. Let us get more details after you do Partial water changes with dechlorinated water.
We will help you.
Great job Pete

Sent from my DROIDX using Aquarium

thanks guys , i did wash the tank before i added the fish in it, and also i did change water...but unfortunately the red ones died all by being at the bottom of the tank..now i just have one black molly live.,.but aggressive and messed up...unfortunately pedco and petsmart didn't help either...now what should i do?

You may have to start over, but we will try to help save your remaining fish. Was your tank.cycled before adding fish? How big is your tank? Sorry I cant remember. Any info you can give me will help

I see now 20.gallon correct? What type and size filter?

Breathing problems could indicate the presence of high nitrite in the tank. Or the fish's gills could have been damage by the presence of chloramine if you didn't use a water conditioner. Do you have a test kit? If you do, please post your water's PH, Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate levels.

sorry for your lose :( Did u cycle your tank before you got the fish? also mollies are a hard fish to take care of.

Back
Top Bottom