Molly with unknown fungus/illness

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aureate_

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My female Molly that I have had for little over a year started developing a darker patch of scales on her tail. Now a month later, the entire tail is now darker with protruding scales and a white mold or fungus growing on it. She is still acting and eating as she normally does. Does anyone know what it might be or how to treat it?

1~What type of fish is afflicted? Molly. In addition, please describe what is wrong with the fish to the best of your ability? Protruded scales and white growth

2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia- 0, nitrites- 0, nitrates- 0, temp- 72, pH- 7, General Hardness- 180(we live in Oklahoma so we have very hard water but we put fish salt in it))?

3~ How large is the tank? 25 gallons How long has the tank been set up? a year

4~What type of filtration are you using? Please give the name and number (i.e. Fluval 304) and amount of gph if known. Penn Plax Cascade 150 gph

5~How many fish are in the tank? 2 fish 1 shrimp. What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes? Molly 2in. Pleco 2in. Cherry Shrimp 1in

6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? one week. How often do you do this? every week. How much water do you remove at a time? 25%

7~How long have you had the fish? a year. If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them?

8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.? no

9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently? tropical flakes. No.

Attachments

• IMG_9270.jpg
    IMG_9270.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_9271.jpg
    IMG_9271.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 51
Back
Top Bottom