More about ich...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sciencegirl

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 3 neon tetras, 3 glolight tetras, and 3 otocinclus in a 10 gal with a hob filter and plants. One neon has ich, so I'm starting a heat and salt treatment (gradually raising temp and gradually increasing salt to desired amount).

Will salt be ok for those fish?
Will a goal temp of 84-86 be ok?
BrianNY, if you're out there, I'm using your heat/salt recipe that you posted to someone elses ich question.

Thanks, and sorry to keep bumping posts like this. I'm out of control with this aquarium thing.
BTW, I just replaced my crappy fluctuating heater with a really nice (but pricey) precise one. Hope it's not too late for my fishies.

That looks fine. As with any time you change things in the aquarium, keep an eye on the fish. This method has worked with fry, among many other fish.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/showquestion.php?faq=2&fldAuto=32

As with any disease there is no such thing as a guaranteed cure for each and every fish. Some species are more susceptable than others. Some individuals have better immune systems. The best you can do is to know exactly what you are fighting and provide as much relief as possible within the limits of what you have available.

Read the above article. You'll understand that for future inhabitants of your aquarium why you'll have to rid the aquarium (not just the fish), of this deadly parasite.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom