Multiple sick fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyNovice

Aquarium Advice Activist
Guppy - curved spine, pinecone like appearance. I isolated her today in a small tank, at the time she was the only one I noticed effected. She had been like this girl a couple days prior to being removed this morning. Guessing she has dropsy,

Red platy - looked bloated last night, thought maybe from supper since I noticed after they ate. Today long stringy white poop.

Zebra danio - swimming on side or upside down. Noticed it today, couple times thought it was dead, went to remove it and it started swimming again. Would move around to. eat as well.

Concerned danio & platy have either parasites or bacterial infection.

Just checked parameters last night:
pH - 7.6, it's always this high, comes out of the tap exactly like that. Never fluctuates.
Ammonia - 0
Nitrites - 0
NitrAtes - 10-20

26 gallon bow front Aqueon. Aqueon quiet flow 20 filter, came with the tank. Stocked with 9 zebra danios, 2 red platys, 1 guppy (all here since last summer), 1 weather loach, 1 ADF, 5 ghost shrimp, 1 golden algae eater, 1 mystery snail (all new last month - 1 week apart)

Changed filter last Wednesday, last water change roughly 1 month ago, due again. Always do 25%. New plastic plants added 1 month ago.

They eat spirulina pellets, flakes and dried blood worms.

First thing never change your filter pads, just rinse in old aquarium water. Second can I see pics of the guppy? It may have dropsy, which is nearly impossible to cure IIRC

Edit your water changes should be 25-30% WEEKLY

My LFS has led me so wrong. I was told monthly changes were fine. I'm quickly learning she doesn't know as much as I thought she did.

So what about the danio and platy?

Poor guppy :(

I have never had sick fish before. I feel like a bad parent for letting it happen! The only other thing I did recently (2-3weeks ago) was add aquarium salt. Never had done that before.

Back
Top Bottom