My fish are all dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Abe86

Aquarium Advice Activist
This evening I did a water change and that killed all my fish. I'm pretty upset. I tested the water and everything came out normal. I don't know what went wrong in my tank.

Temperature?
How much water did you change? Lol
Did you remember dechlorinator?
Did you have soap in the bucket? Was it used for something else?

Temperature? How much water did you change? Lol Did you remember dechlorinator? Did you have soap in the bucket? Was it used for something else?
i don't use a bucket. I've one of those syphon that you can connect to the faucet . I did use the water conditioner. It's not like it's my first time doing this. I've been doing this for about 2 yrs. I think There's something in the tap water.

I'm so sorry! I wonder if your area has a boil water notice or something? I've been putting off doing a w/c exactly for that reason (my area does currently!).

This happened to me a year or two back when a contaminate had been added to the water by accident that was not harmful to humans but it wiped out the entire stock of my 55 gallon. That is about all that I would think it is.

This has happened to me before a couple of times.... once I'm fairly sure I forgot the Prime, once I'm REALLY sure I did not. I'm sorry you lost your fish. I know how much it sucks to lose a whole tank. :(

You didn't happen to clean your filter also did you? Disturb the substrate immensely?

So sorry for your loss. I would request a water quality report from your supplier. Ask if there have been any issues at the source that might have caused a problem.

Back
Top Bottom