My fish died during the heat treatment for ich...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sad to say that my last female adult guppy didn't make it.

and Now I can confirm that the pleaco has a fungus growing on it.
I was looking on his topside, to see a like a transparent white patch, that looks a bit fuzzy. so I did the salt treatment.. 1 tablespoonful of aquarium salt for every gallon. I only did 30 gallons, because I have alot of deco rocks and plants... so I'll see if that will cure him of his diease, for one week. Then I'll leave the tank alone for one month with regular water changes until it becomes stable...

What do ya think?

That might help, maybe someone with more experience will chime in x3

Sorry about your female guppy T__T

If I were you I would try Melafix or Pimafix. They are both made by the same company but Pimafix is a newer product and the label specifically says that it treats fungal infection. You don't have to worry about adding either of these meds to your tank because they do not affect the bio filter as far as I can tell. I've used both of these meds and have been very happy with them. All you need to do is add 1 tsp for every 10 gallons once a day for a week, then change 25% of the water.

Melafix recently worked wonders for my poor bristlenose that some barbs were picking on. :D

I think it might be a parasite, but I'm not an expert in this area.

I've never seen any pictures of a diseased fish with anything like that other than the ones with some sort of parasite.

Check this site out.

I've already seen those pictures, yeah but nothing comes close to the one the pleaco has.
I've already treated for ich, now fungus, and now I'm battling parasites.
It just never ends does it?

Back
Top Bottom