My molly, slick, is in need of your help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itskatieebaby23

Aquarium Advice Regular

Hello, I have Slick, an orange and black molly that has had problems for about six months now. First he would shake his head and body continuously for days. I treated him with stress coat and did 50% water changes a couple times within that week to improve his water conditions. I realized he is the most sensitive fish I've ever had! He gets very stressed out in poor water.
Suddenly my methods worked and slick was back to his normal self still a little stressed though. ... but then I noticed another problem, his spine seems to droop a little towards his back end and tail. This makes it hard for him to swim. I don't know what to do to improve his many problems, please help. .

Last edited:
Slick

Sent from my SM-S765C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1427260199769.jpg
    1427260199769.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 54
Please could we have some more info like tank size, water parameters and tank mates?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

He's in a 10g tank with a female creamsicle molly(his girl), a female butterfly balloon molly, a loach, and a baby pleco. The tank is at 76°. I recently tested my water and everything was normal but the nitrates were a bit high. Ill get the water tested again soon because I've done two water changes since.

Well it all sounds ok to me. I had two thoughts, one he was lonely explaining his odd behaviour but that's been solved. The other was that he was stressed. It does not sound stressful to me with water quality good and no bullies but have you added anything new to the tank recently? That's the only other thing I can think of.

Oh and do you know how old he is?

He's basically been like this since I got him about six months ago , I think he's about a year old. I added melafix when I noticed some tiney white specks on slick. After three days of treatment he was all better and then I did a 50% water change.

Ok well in my opinion you are doing everything spot on so far. What do you feed him? Doubt this has anything to do with him not swimming correctly but may slightly effect his health.

I feed him tetra tropical flakes plus and freeze dried blood worms on one day. The following day I feed him freeze dried mini krill and algea wafers. I heard this could be possibly a vitamin thing. I want to try veggies but i don't know what else is good for fish besides peas. I am afraid it will dirty my tank or something and don't know if the fish would eat it

The diet is spot on too. If you take the shells of the peas and put them in there they will not dirty up the tank. They will either get eaten or still be hole if not. As far as I can tell you are literally doing nothing wrong. Just carry on doing what your doing and hopefully he will get better. Sorry but this is where My knowledge ends I don't know anything else that could be causing it or could help treat it. Hopefully someone else does and they can help further.

Thanks a lot.

Anyone else have advice? ?

So could this possibly be fish tb?

Is there anything I can do to make him swim better? .....

Back
Top Bottom