mystery deaths.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rlavassor86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 72 gal planted. I've got 4 adult angels 5 bolivian rams (was 6) 5 julli cory (was 6) one platy(was 4) 0 swords(was 4) a blue gourami 2 clown loaches (was 3) they are still very small 2" and a golden butterfly pleco 4". Recently I've been finding fish dead but have not noticed any symptoms. They all were active, eating, not bloated or anything and no visible signs of illness. No spots on scales or nothing on the gills. All the other fish seem to be healthy. All have good color, are not acting lethargic and eat regularily. Their feces looks normal, no white streaking.

My setup is 72 bow with eco complete substrate.
48" coralife 4 bulb t5ho with lunars run 4 6700k bulbs on 6 hour timers. The tank is slightly more than moderately planted but not quite heavily planted. I use diy co2 and reactor I also dose glut to supplement the diy co2. I'm dosing with diy dry ferts from greenleafaquariums.com the pps pro daily.

Paramaters are
0-ammo
0-trites
10-20 for trates I can't tell the difference with the api master kit.
Ph- 7.4
Kh not sure haven't tested recently
Gh not sure haven't tested recently.
Temp- 78

Doing weekly pwc of 50% my filter media gets rinsed on OLD tank water as I drain it. I use prime for my water conditioner. Oh I also use seachem root tabs.

I can't for the life of me figure out what's killing them. I've never noticed any aggression except with the angels towards each other but Ive got that to a minimum after putting in some tall plants to seperate territories for them. Helped tremendously. Other than that there is 0 aggression in the tank.

Any help or suggestions would be vastly appreciated, as I can't stand losing my fish, especially for unknown reasons

And I know all about cycling so I know that was done properly and isn't the issue. I did fishless cycle dosing ammo for bout 1 1/2 months. Then once it cycled I slowly stocked the tank so I didn't have any ammo spikes

It could be your clown loaches. Thier schooling fish. Aslo angels as you know are territorial, and coukd be killing your other fish. & I have had fish die from getting stuck in plants.

Yea I have no idea. The loaches keep pretty busy playing with each other and swimming upside down ob the drift wood. They occasionally will suck the gouramis feelers in their mouths but have never done damage and as for the angels the only aggression I've ever witnessed was between each other and now that the tank is divided up by taller plants I've seen almost no aggression from anyone in the tank and ill spend hours just watching them. Idk I'm just at a complete loss ob this. Its really frustrating coming home from work to find a dead fish and no evidence as to why and I keep my water pristine. I feed nls pellets and flakes and give repashy community mix as a treat every once in a while

Back
Top Bottom