need advice on ick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrduna01

Aquarium Advice Activist
So about four days ago maybe five I first noticed the ick. I did my research and decided on heat being the best method for the two baby clown loaches. I didn't want to use salt due to having plants. I raised the temp to 88 degrees where its been since then. As expected things got worse as the ick sped up its life cycle but now at 5 days in it doesn't seem to be letting up at all except for the two loaches are still the only ones with outward signs of infection. Also yesterday I added a first dose of super ick cure. In everyone's experience should I not be seeing releif at this point?

I was thinking the same thing as you when I had ich in my tank. I really learned the lesson of patience. I was treating with heat and half doses of salt. It took a good two weeks before the specks weren't visible on my fish. Now that you've added super ich cure I'm not sure what the time will be. What does it say on the back of the bottle?

I will try to be patient and hope for the best. Just wanted to make sure I'm doing what's best.only reason I did the ick cure is because I found a bottle while cleaning and figured what the ****.

It's a bit hard to tell but I think the ick is at its peak and we may be turning the corner. No other fish show signs as of it today except my new clown loaches. They seem very happy/active and eat very well. It doesn't at this point seem to have gotten them down at all. Here is hoping. I'm just glad that my loach I have had for a year or so now, The God Father, was not effected. Below is a pic of god father for fun. Will keep you updated.

ForumRunner_20120116_084605.jpg

That's good to hear, keep in mind though, you may not be out of the woods yet. I only say this because when I had ich I thought all was good, and then I lost one. Not saying this will happen to you, I hope you're right. :)

Back
Top Bottom