Need help fungus!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joebro3333

Aquarium Advice Freak
I believe this is a fungus I have seen it on other fish and could be a possible ulcer, but I can't lose an angel. It's the white spot top right of body.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1458672861.931945.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Use medicine (I recommend trying Methylene Blue). Isolate him in a separate tank and then use Methylene Blue. Use aerator to supply oxygen to him. Give him medicine pellets if he can eat. If he doesn't, don't give him any food. Change the water 25%-50% (if the tank is very very small like the tank used for solo bettas, do 100% water change) every 2-3 days (if you don't use any filter, do it every 1-2 days). Put half dose of the recommended medicine dosage every water change (or the right dosage, your choice).

Yes Methylene blue would work for this or some furan-2 or acriflavine as dark pointed out.
IMO it dosen't relly call for powerful antibiotics as its not yet a life threating infection but just a minor external one.

Back
Top Bottom