need help quick plz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prettyvacant

Aquarium Advice Activist
i noticed today that one of my black molly's eye has white fluff and its head is kinda grey/faded black...( i read on some sites that it could be flukes, i dont know...) so i want to treat it with quick cure right away.
but the problem is, in my QT right now, i have a platy who is almost better ( she had fin and tail rot) and i am treating her with melafix.
what can i do to cure my sick molly? can i put her in the QT with the melafix? but im not sure if melafix can cure whats wrong with my molly...

or, since my platy is almost better, i can put her back in the 29 gal, and use the QT for the molly?
... if i do that, im sure i would have to take some water out of the QT and replace it with new water... since i cant mix different medications right? lol :oops: i dont know, so i need help please :)

also, if im going to have to take water out of the QT, how much? all of it?? or 50%....?

thanks

white fluff like white fuzz? If so, then it's bacterial (like fin and tail rot) and can be treated with the same med :)

thankyou so much!!.... :p

anyway, question: why has my molly's head turned faded black/grey? is that also a sign of disease?

thanx again :)

IMO, diseases are caused by stress, which is a result of poor water conditions, most of the time.

What are your water parameters? In my opinion, Mollies belong in a brackish environment and without the salt they are very prone fin rot, shimmying and other problems.

How often are you doing water changes and vacumming your gravel?

Back
Top Bottom