Need some help with my blood parrot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok my bp just came out of her cave and swam to the top corner of the tank :/ is it swim bladder? She WILL NOT eat and the gold (didn't know it was gold until today) gourami is acting extremely aggressive out of nowhere....I'm ready to be over the super stressful part of starting a tank! If its swim bladder is there other treatments other than the peas?

This is what shes doing now. Any advice?! I'm so upset for her and feel completely helpless

ForumRunner_20120104_173149.jpg

I'm not sure if there are other treatments, but maybe it's hard for her to eat the peas. Try boiling the peas til they're cooked. Then squeeze the pea out and split each half in half so they're easy to suck up. I read online somewhere that it's harder for them to eat food because they can't move their mouths so they suck in their food. Idk anything other than peas, but at least u could try it. They help with digestion.

Sorry if i already asked this..but is the ph right? And maybe the water's not at the temperature of her liking? Mine like it at 80. They didn't like it at 76 at all.

I'm about to go to the lps and get the water tested to make sure I'm going now

Well the nitrites were elevated not sure on numbers and the water acidic levels were high too. She said not to do anymore water changes for a while the ammonia levels were good though. She said hopefully the bp will get better in a few days when everything levels out. Any suggestions? I haven't seen my bp since I got home but I can see her fins moving in one of her hiding spots

Yes I thought about that too and the lady wouldn't even offer her help towards helping me pick our the right one! I'll go get one in the morning. She also said that might be why the tank seems "hectic"

That's probably it! I'm not sure how to lower the nitrates without plants.. Lemme take a pic of my plant since idk what type it is. It's pretty hardy and my science teacher had a huge one of it so that's why i got it. So far it's alive lol :)

Ok sounds good hopefully I can find something tomorrow. I wish there were better local pet stores around here. All there is is pet smart and god forbid walmart.

Yeah pet smart's better than walmart. I got my blood parrots at walmart. Our local fish store that's not a big company run store is awful! It's horrible! When i was first begining learning how to raise fish they sold me a dead snail! It was nasty. The pet smarts around here take good care of their fish and the tanks are clean. Though pet co can be iffy. I usually stick to a pet store near by called incredible pets. They take extreemly good care of their fish! :) their largest fish that haven't sold yet i've seen living there for a really long time every time i go there. It's fun to watch them grow up since i don't have a big enough tank for them.

Back
Top Bottom