Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-02-2008, 12:14 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

neon blue dwarf gourami

my neon blue dwarf gourami isnt looking too good... i noticed something looking like a sore behind his eye... and the other fish keep picking at it... some of the tetras and the other gouramis arent leaving him alone... i know this is worthless without a pic which i will try to get but he hides in a corner to stay away from the others... hard to get a pic... anybody hear of this?... should i worry about the health of my other fish? everybody else looks great and despite this sore thing he still is eating fine... thanks in advance...

-Larry

Old 04-02-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

I'm not to sure, but I'm sure others will chime in. Does it look like a cut/scratch? I'm sure quarantining him wouldn't be a bad idea until you ID what is wrong with him. Could be possible that he has an infection. Is it white around the eye? More information will help narrow it down some more.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:30 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

not white... looks like an irritated sore... like maybe an irritated cut or something... unfortunately i dont have a tank to quarantine him right now... ugh...

checked my parameters as soon as i noticed it
ammonia: 0ppm
nitrIte: 0ppm
nitrAte: 20 ppm

so everything is fine there... nobody seemed to ever bother him til this sore developed... im perturbed...
Old 04-02-2008, 01:10 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to chipchop
I am certainly no expert, but I have two dwarf gourami and both have had those small sores. Almost look like kanker sores. Mine have had them near their mouth. In both cases, they have gone away and everyone seems happy.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:43 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

yes they do look like kanker sores... by his eye not his mouth but im sure we're talking about the same thing... thats good to hear... i hear bad things about genetic problems in gouramis and got worried... i guess ill just hold out hope and see if he's okay in a week or 2... like i said he's eating fine... and he never did move around much so that hasnt changed
Old 04-02-2008, 09:18 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
It may be an injury, do you have any melafix? I would add some to the tank if you have it. It is great at helping healing and won't affect beneficial bacteria.

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:15 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

alright he's not getting better... in fact it seems like the sore is getting worse and the other fish are really bothering him... i think im gonna get a qt tank tonight... the problem is... how can i somehow cycle this tank really fast so i can qt the gourami and not have him die in his own waste?
Old 04-04-2008, 05:25 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

nevermind im just gonna get one of those breeders that hangs in the tank for now

Tags
dwarf, dwarf gourami, gourami, neon

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com