Neon tetra disease?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caliban07

Aquarium Advice Addict
A couple of my neons red bits are turning white and fading. I read this maybe neon tetra disease. My water parameters are stable, however I have a swordtail with finrot that has reached the base if the fins. I bought him with finrot but attempts at medicating have not slowed or recovered the fins.

What causes neon tetra disease? My neons hardly ever shoal and are always chasing each other. What should I use to treat it?

I read melafix but also read this is herbal and not concentrated enough to be effective.

Please help.

I justtttt went through this! Check out my "neon has white spot." Thread. Long story short lost 3 in a week..

I have a swordtail with fin rot had some Cory's die so the neons could have been picking at the bodies.

I treated with melafix, was limited due to my stock. I don't know if it had any effect, had to euthanize 2, one was so far gone it couldn't move, the other was going down that road, I was concerned it would die and my Pleco or Cory's would get after it and get sick too.

Back
Top Bottom