Neon Tetras Are Dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never heard of extreme aggression from BA tetras, that said aggressive is a relative term. In terms of aggressive cichlids (what I keep, american/African) they are quite mild, I've personally never kept them in a community setting. Mine were Oscar snacks in my younger days and never thought of fighting back.

Again, for the second time in this thread, I wouldn't hesitate buying from a Petco if you can quarantine.

Yeah, I decided to pick up 3 cardinal tetras, and they seem to be doing fine. Another neon tetra sadly dropped dead, so I guess maybe I should avoid getting fish at giant stores like petco. Hopefully this final fish is the strongest one, and can last me for a while. Thank you all for the help. And my tank does have a lid by the way.

Are you acclimating them, are your water Levels good, temperature? Do you have a bully in the tank?

Yes neon tetras are weak due to the modification to the genes i had 2 die have a purple one left and my water levels are absolutely perfect, also don't get dwarf gurami either they ate genetically modified or in most cases "dyed"

I've never heard of extreme aggression from BA tetras, that said aggressive is a relative term. In terms of aggressive cichlids (what I keep, american/African) they are quite mild, I've personally never kept them in a community setting. Mine were Oscar snacks in my younger days and never thought of fighting back.

Again, for the second time in this thread, I wouldn't
hesitate buying from a Petco if you can quarantine.

My BA tetras are in a community tank and are extremely aggressive to all my other fish i can show you a video of them if you'd like, yes if he has a quarantine tank and all the meds to treat them by all means, my lfs quarantines for 2 weeks before they sell a fish so i don't have to do that

All, but 1 of my Neon's from PetSmart died. The kids love them. So I spent a little more and bought 4 from our local store, Dupey's. They are very active and bright. The one PS Neon that is left is currently in isolation, fighting for life. His coloring its still very bright but has a very erratic swim pattern (upside down & vertical). I'm done with PetSmart fish.

Back
Top Bottom