Neon with nipped fins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Desastre

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I noticed yesterday that 1 of my neons has some nipped fins and spent a majority of today watching my tank to find the culprit which I though was a dg but it seemed that the other neons where the ones who where the culprit. I was wondering whats the best way to deal with the situation. Water parameters are all fine at 0 ammo and trite and trates at 0-5. I have 5 neons in total.

Desastre said:
So I noticed yesterday that 1 of my neons has some nipped fins and spent a majority of today watching my tank to find the culprit which I though was a dg but it seemed that the other neons where the ones who where the culprit. I was wondering whats the best way to deal with the situation. Water parameters are all fine at 0 ammo and trite and trates at 0-5. I have 5 neons in total.

If you have enough room add more neons, I've found this curbs aggression with my schoolers.

I was thinking of adding some cardinals or another small tetra school would this also help or does it have to be neons also how long will it take for it's fins to come back.

Desastre said:
I was thinking of adding some cardinals or another small tetra school would this also help or does it have to be neons also how long will it take for it's fins to come back.

IME I have kept black neons neons and glowlights together and even though there were a lot of them there were some alpha male fin nippers. Just two or three though. :)

I agree that adding some more neons should spread out the aggression or make it stop all together. If you can, 3 more neons would be nice.

Actually that's what I did. Added 3 more neons the next day and the one neon that was trying to avoid the others is now schooling with the new group. So success knock on wood.

Back
Top Bottom