neons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harmy4993

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ok can someone explain my neons behavior. i have 2 neons who do this. one has been doing it alot today and the other one only off and on.

the swim at almost a 45 degree angle with the head pointed down. and they bob up and down more then swim. they only do this when another neon gets close. they seem to bob up and down around the other neon until the other neon swims away then they go back to swimming normally. im pretty sure the 2 that are doing it are female as they are bigger in the tummy( shee dont tell her that thou). also the blue strip on the 2 almost have a purple/lavander tint to them.

im pretty sure its not a mating "dance" althou i guess i could be wrong, as i thought the mating ritural looked more like a dog fight. also, and i could be wrong again, i dont think its the neon desiese as i read they turn more white and transparent.

water quality is 0 , 0 and 20 nitrate. ph of 7.4 and temp is 80.7 . no visable issue on the fish. no flakes, missing fins, or coloration otehr then the purplish tint to the blue stripe.

any thoughts? they are not doing it tonight but it was curious behaviour.

Back
Top Bottom