New fish death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdklovesfish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Friday I bought six guppies from my LFS. I acclimated them and put them in my 15g. My perimeters are A:0,irtes:0, rates: 15-20. I have lost half of the batch. My main concern is the other fish in my tank. I have three cories, a baby Pleco waiting to grow big enough to move to my 55g, four ghost shrimp, and some platy fry in the same tank as new guppies. Do I need to do some kind of medication just in case the guppies have/had something? I could see no signs of sickness . They were all swimming normal, just died out of no where.

I wouldn't recommend medicating blindly. Unless you have a specific condition identified, medications can cause more trouble than they fix. This is a good example on why to QT new fish though. Sorry for your losses and hope there are no more.

Yeah I guess I should invest in a qt tank. :(
I've lost all of my new guppies but two. So far I haven't lost anything else. Even my platy fry seem to be doing just fine. How long do you think I should be concerned about the rest of the fish? Is there anything I should do besides scoop out the dead ASAP after they die?

Back
Top Bottom