The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mteel7237

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone. This is my first post. I actually have a question....I have a young discus that I recently purchased. I purchased three from Discus Hans in Baltimore (great place), After about three weeks of introducing the fish, I had an outbreak of ick. I cured it with a herbal product. All the discus are eating fine except one of the discus. It's been two weeks since he's eaten. I don't want to add salt to the water because it's heavily planted. I'd hate to lose this guy. Any ideas?:confused:

Hello and welcome. I dont know much about discus but i'm sure there are experts here to help you out.

Moving this to the FW sick fish forum. More people will see it there. Welcome to AA

Raise the temp but do it gradually over the next couple of days. Around 86 (but I have to say I only went up 82 with mines while medicating). Also don't forget to add extra agitation to the water. Higher temp means less oxygen in the water.

Back
Top Bottom