Open sores on Goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FISHISM

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am an aquarium tech. and have recently been stumped. Our Goldfish system at work was too warm (76 degrees) and the fish are showing open sores. I had to put down eleven today! After a dissection I found a very, very bad pancreas in one. We are debating over how to treat the tank. Any suggestions?

Has there been any cultures done on the open sores? I'm interested in what kind of goldfish system you have and what it's purpose is. Bill

It is a warehouse so we sell these fish. No cultures have been done as of yet. I suspect it bacterial and the warm water compromised their immune systems and spawned the bacteria. The problem is what is best to treat them. Nitrofuracyn green seems to be the vote but am looking for outside suggestions.

sores

I probably wouldn't be much help,,,I've visited a few goldfish wholesalers and my advice would be to modify the system to prevent such outbreaks,,,but nitrofurazone seems to be popular,,,,but it won't solve the cause. :) Bill

Back
Top Bottom