Orange spherical Growth on Panda Tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iMiscalculated

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I have a couple Panda Tetras with some odd growths on them. First here are the questions that I am supposed to answer.

1~What type of fish is afflicted?
Panda Tetra
Orange spherical pinhead size growths.
Fish behaving normally.

2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)?
Will get these later, I don't remember them from last night. They all showed in the safe/0/good levels on the test strips. (Liquid test kit is being shipped as we speak)

3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up?
55 Gallons
Been set up for a week, started with used decorations and filter media from a smaller tank.

4~What type of filtration are you using?
Aqueon 55/75

5~How many fish are in the tank?
5 Panda Tetras 1" - 1.5"

6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? 8-24

7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them?
I have had the fish one week. They came with the used tank. The tank was in rough shape and I had to empty and completely clean the tank. I did not have a sufficent tank to hold them for a full month while it cycled. Acclimated them by putting them in a floating bowl and adding tank water over about an hour. They had the growths when I received them.

8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.?
New set up of an old tank, mostly a clean start.

9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently?
Tropical Fish Flakes

These fish came with the used tank I bought. They had these growths when I received them.

Does anyone know what the growths are?
How should I treat the Growths?
What should I do to protect future tank residents?

Attachments

• IMG_20160824_200334.jpg
    IMG_20160824_200334.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 81
Hi, welcome - had the growths been there for some time?

Initial thought is viral (lympho) perhaps from poor water conditions / high nitrates.

To be honest I don't know how long they have been there. I have only had the fish for a week and they came with the used aquarium I bought. The aquarium was in pretty rough shape, smelled something awful. I am pretty sure they lived through some bad water conditions.

I thought it might be Lymphotic also but they are more smooth and round then I expected.

Could be fw velvet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom